Top 5 Best Android Food Apps
The Top 5 Best Android Food Apps that can save you time in your kitchen!
There are hundreds of food applications available around for the iphones and for android phones. These are my Top 5 Best Android Food Apps which are most useful around the kitchen and are also my favorite apps. Learn to choose more sustainable and healthier food and tips and techniques to make you a better cook all from your phone. The only thing these apps can’t do is cook and bake for you!
If you don’t have an iphone or android phone you can benefit from visiting the source websites or books for these resources. Simple to get these awesome applications you simply have to…
1. Go to ‘Market’ on your Android-powered device.
2. Enter ‘THE FOOD APPLICATION NAME’ into the search field.
3. Once you’ve found the ‘FOOD APPLICATION NAME’ app, touch to install.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the installation.
Top 5 Best Android Food Apps
+ Shopping Lists
+ SMART speech recognition
+ Send Shopping List Online! (mySupermarket,Tesco,Asda)
+ Best Before Date Alert
+ Store your Recipes
+ 7-Day Meal Planner
+ Share Shopping Lists
+ Personalize with Settings
Food Manager allows you to easy create multiple shopping list’s, you can then use these items in your recipe list, add directions then add these recipes to a 7 day meal planner.
The beauty of Food Manager is that you do not have to use all features, This App is great for use as a simple “checkable” shopping list or a full Food Management App
170,000+ Recipes BigOven
Now fully native for Android, BigOven’s popular recipe app gets cooks
inspired and organized in the kitchen and on-the-go.
Anyone (no registration required) can:
* View recipes easily anywhere, such as on vacation or at the store – no
awkward cookbooks or recipe cards
* Find new recipes to try: search by keyword, course or ingredient
* Get ideas to use up leftovers: just enter ingredients from your fridge
or pantry to find out what you can cook
* View recent raves, random recipes and find out what others are cooking
near you [Requires GPS]
Get a free BigOven.com account (use the same one for BigOven.com) and:
* Post your own recipes on BigOven.com, then view them on the iPhone
* Save your Favorites and “Try Soon” recipes so you’re never stuck
without dinner ideas
* Read and add your own recipe reviews
Get an optional BigOven Pro membership ($15.99/year; just four cents per
* Create a grocery list on your phone by choosing “Add to grocery list”
on any recipe
– Remove ingredients you already have, if you’d like
– Ingredients are automatically added and sorted by aisle on your
– Add other items you may need to your list easily too
* Bring your grocery list along to the store
– Check off items while shopping so you don’t forget anything
– Edit your grocery list anytime from anywhere – syncs across
– Inspired by mushrooms at the store? Add a new recipe to your
grocery list instantly
– Export grocery lists easily from BigOven desktop software to
* Get nutrition facts (calories, fat, sodium and more) on 170,000+ recipes
* Store and view your posted recipes privately, if you’d like
* Remove all ads on BigOven.com and mobile apps. A single membership
covers all platforms.
Recipe Convert Free
* Values can be entered and displayed as either fractions or decimals
* Will make the coveted “grams to cups” conversion, as well as other weight/volume conversions, based on user-selectable weight factor parameter
* Quick switch between scaling yields to general 1:1 units (by tapping “Yield” section to collapse it)
* Also serves as a general reference of cooking units, temperatures, and decimal equivalents to fractions
If you want to, for instance, know how many tablespoons are in a cup:
Set the ratio to 1:1 by either clearing out the top section or collapsing it (by tapping the header labeled “Yield”. Tapping the header again will bring it back). Now you can see the equivalent amount in any unit for any unit that you enter into the “Original” field.
– Weekly overviews with optional pictures of meals.
– Integrated shopping list with sorting.
– Add ingredients for a single recipe or entire day to groceries.
– Add unlimited meals to each day.
– Add a comment to each day.
– Backup and share your plans and recipes between devices (requires registration).
– Keeps track on latest usage and frequency of each recipe.
– Filter and sort recipes based on several criteria, like most rarely used, to ensure variation.
– Add image, ingredients and instructions to each recipe.
– One-click recipe creation.
– Tag and filter your recipes.
– Day-centered planning, just tap a day, tap a meal, done.
– .. or use meal-centered planning, just tap a meal, choose a day, done.
– Online access to plans and recipes at http://boggie.dk/fp/
Cook Assistant Lite
Cook Assistant is a virtual cook book that will help you build your own recipes.
You will save a lot of time by referring to recipes you customized to YOUR way of cooking.
You can also use this application as a checklist you can quickly consult in shops.
Some sample recipes are embedded in order to show you how to better use this application. We also recommend to consult the User Manual available in this application (by pressing the Menu button).
With this lite version, you can backup you recipes online (upload and download). Downloading recipes created by other people is available in the full version.